University of Missouri - Columbia
University of Missouri - Columbia
Columbia, Missouri 65211
University of Missouri Research Reactor
The University of Missouri Research Reactor (MURR) is seeking an Electrical Engineer with experience in the analysis and design of electronic/electrical controls, systems, and components. This individual will perform routine and complex assignments, using both new and existing procedures and protocols coupled with his/her experience. This position will be responsible for leading the Instrumentation & Control shop and will be part of a team designed to provide consistent testing for vibration, ultrasonic and laser alignment of various machinery as well as assist in the maintenance of radiation detection systems of various types (HPGe, NaI, etc) and their associated electronics (MCAs, SCAs, sample changers, etc.).
Key Duties Performed by This Position Will Include
This Electrical Engineer position will report directly to the Associate Director of Facilities Operations. Candidates should be committed to excellence and believe in the University Mission of being a world-class research institution.
• Duties include performing detailed electrical/instrumentation designs, with full documentation, of new prototype equipment and systems, and performing modifications, and changes to the reactor instrumentation, facility infrastructure, research instrumentation, and service equipment as necessary. Responsibilities include assisting in infrastructure maintenance of electrical, HVAC, and other electrical systems. This involves conducting periodic system inspections and making assessments to determine repair and modification requirements, developing procedures, and creating plans for project implementation.
• Understand and interoperate codes in order to be compliant with the University, city, state, and federal code requirements for nuclear research facilities, other research laboratories such as clean rooms, animal rooms, and biomedical labs.
• This position interfaces with both internal and external customers and follows projects through from conception to final installation and commissioning. Depending on the project, responsibilities may include writing the standard operating procedure for installed systems.
• This position will train, educate, guide and supervises shop technicians for maximum productivity with projects, task guidance, and work schedules.
• Prepare comprehensive documentation for all electrical designs, including wiring diagrams, schematics, bills of materials, assembly drawings, design changes, test reports, design-validation plans, and reports. Ensures that installations and operations conform to MURR standards and customer requirements
• Analyze project requirements and perform technical calculations to inform design, including electrical requirements, safety standards, and motor controls; develop and implement software databases for tracking production processes
Successful candidates will be persuasive communicators with exceptional organizational and time management skills. They must demonstrate the following durable skills: leadership, character, collaboration, communication, creativity, critical thinking, metacognition, mindfulness, growth mindset, and fortitude. Additionally, customer service, confidentiality, integrity, and a commitment to inclusion, diversity and equal opportunity in their activities.
Must be available for reliable and consistent onsite work.
$70,000 - $95,000
Internal applicants can determine their current grade and title by accessing the Job Information page through the Additional Employee Information tile in myHR.
M-F, 8:00-5:00+, some potential weekends
• A bachelors degree in related/relevant area and at least 3 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.
• Additional licensures are necessary as required by regulatory authorities.
• Strong abilities in electronics testing and database design
• Strong understanding of electronics manufacturing processes
• Strong focus on quality control
• Proven innovative approach to electronics systems development
• Expertise with AutoCAD or a schematics design software
• Experience in software development
• Proven ability to analyze and troubleshoot electronics production processes
• Strong ability to manage projects and teams
To apply, please visit: https://erecruit.umsystem.edu/psc/tamext/COLUM/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_SCHJOB_FL&Action=U&
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Preferred Years Of Experience:3 Year(s)
Education Required:4 Year Degree - BS
Date Posted : 03/16/2023
Share On :