College of Southern Nevada
College of Southern Nevada
Las Vegas, Nevada 89146
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your ON-LINE application, you may send them to Human Resources via email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (702) 651-5778.
This position will be responsible for the following duties (included, but not limited to):
- Electricians perform skilled electrical work to maintain and repair electrical systems and equipment
- Respond to repair orders; establish priority of repairs; diagnose problems utilizing appropriate tools and test equipment; estimate cost of jobs; acquire materials to complete jobs by contacting vendors and/or completing purchase requisitions; make repairs; document time and material costs for billing purposes
- Implement a preventive maintenance schedule and perform preventive maintenance such as conducting routine inspections, cleaning and servicing, and making adjustments and minor repairs to prevent malfunction and prolong the life of equipment, systems and structures
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, maintain and repair circuit breakers and transformers; emergency generators; high voltage primary power lines; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems; fire alarm system; electric motors, and lighting maintenance
- Install or remove and reinstall wiring, computer cables, power panels, circuit breakers, lighting, switches and receptacles in accordance with code requirements; study blueprints and schematics, calculate electrical load; design new circuits based on the load; gain access to components and systems; perform installation; update blueprints; inspect electrical systems of structures for conformance with specifications and code requirements
- Provide training, work direction and work review to other maintenance staff such as Maintenance Repair Workers, students and others as assigned
- Assist contractors by providing information regarding the existing structure, equipment, systems and required modification; review bids and work completed by contractors for quality and conformance with specifications and codes as assigned
- Perform related duties as assigned
- Completion of a recognized electrician apprenticeship program or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Journeyman card
- Understanding of testing equipment and tools used in field
To be considered for this position, candidates must attach the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- List of 3 professional references
- Unofficial Transcripts (if applicable)
Out of Area/State Candidates will not be offered travel reimbursement
NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. In order to prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59pm the day prior to the position close date
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CSN-external/job/CSN---Charleston-Campus/Electrician-1_R0112648
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a person’s age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Date Posted : 02/21/2019
Share On :