Electrician II - Facilities
College of Southern Nevada
College of Southern Nevada
Las Vegas, Nevada 89146
Electrician II - Facilities
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at email@example.com or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.
Function as a lead worker for lower-level electricians on regular basis by providing training and technical assistance, assigning and reviewing work, and providing input to performance evaluations.
- Provide work assignments scheduling
- Prioritizing of tasks
- Work review
- Special tasks
Every Friday, quarterly consumption report, and yearend bench stock report.
Participate in management preparation activities when Supervisor is absent.
Weekly provide your supervisor summary reports regarding your subordinate staffs work assignments, work review, and training.
Budget Management/Purchasing Procedures
Work in accordance with NRS NAC, Board of Regents, and College policies and procedures. If you find an error or have a concern, immediately report it to your supervisor.
Maintain data driven methodologies for operational efficiencies such as TMA reports, surveys, and data spreadsheets.
Technology - stay current with relevant technology; must have the ability to use and learn a wide variety of computer programs and tools such as:
- General office software (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Project management (e.g. Microsoft Project)
May complete certifications for supervisor training classes per NAC requirements.
Update communication boards immediately.
Under general supervision, perform complex skilled electrical repair and maintenance work.
Consistently safeguard and maintain all tools and equipment utilized in the performance of regular job duties. Ensure no tools are lost or misplaced and any tools assigned or checked out are maintained in good working order.
Successfully complete work orders, projects, or verbal assignments (measured by lack of call backs or repeat work orders and/or supervisor inspection or supervisor review) with an 85% or better success rate and notify your supervisor when you need assistance or are unqualified to complete the task:
Respond to repair orders; establish priority of repairs; diagnose problems utilizing appropriate tools and test equipment; estimate cost of jobs; acquire materials to complete jobs by contacting vendors and/or completing purchase requisitions; make repairs.
Maintain a preventative maintenance schedule and perform preventative maintenance - conducting routine inspections, cleaning and servicing, and making adjustments and minor repairs to prevent malfunction and prolong the life of equipment, systems, and structures.
Troubleshoot, diagnose, maintain and repair circuit breakers and transformers; emergency generators; high voltage primary power lines; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems; fire alarm systems; electric motors and lighting maintenance.
Install or remove and reinstall wiring, computer cables, power panels, circuit boards, lighting, switches, and receptacles in accordance with code requirements; study blueprints and schematics, calculate electrical load; design new circuits based on the load; gain access to components and systems; perform installation; update blueprints; inspect electrical systems of structures for conformance with specifications and code requirement.
Assist contractors by providing information regarding the existing structure, equipment, systems and required modification; review bids and work completed by contractors for quality and conformance with specifications and codes as assigned.
Demonstrate superior skills in:
- Inventory control: inventory completed every Friday. Follow prescribe min/max inventory levels. Recommend bench stock adjustments as needed.
- Customer service training: During weekly team meetings train on a minimum of one customer service principle.
- Customer Service Reports: Including but not limited to:
- Quality control surveys
- Demand analysis, estimates and actual.
- Employee skill assignment deviations are to be immediately communicated to supervisor with recommended solutions.
- Equipment: Ensure familiarity with proper equipment operating procedures and safety precautions. Report damaged or missing equipment to supervisor immediately. Lockout tag out as needed.
- Field Verification: Conduct and document field verification activities weekly.
- Security: Provide security to areas and equipment as directed by supervisor 100% accuracy.
Maintain preventative maintenance schedules for service equipment and service activities assigned by supervisor.
Ensure all preventative maintenance activities are performed per schedule.
Maintain fully updated plans.
Complete and maintain specialized training as specified by your supervisor and/or in your work performance standards.
Consistently demonstrate superior teaming skills in day-to-day interactions with co-workers and internal and external customers.
Create a work environment characterized by openness, consistency and fairness via open communication, frequent interaction with employees, addressing items in a timely manner consulting with Facilities Management leave keeper, supervisors, etc.
- Completion of a recognized electrician apprenticeship program followed by one year of journey-level electrician experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Grade 32, Step 1 - Grade 32, Step 10
$45,142.56 - $66,628.08
To be considered for this position, please upload the following documents to your application:
- Resume - List a detailed description of the major duties that you performed as part of each job. You must demonstrate that you qualify for the position and your education and experience must be clearly documented.
- Cover letter
- A valid Nevada State issued electrical journeyman's card
- Unofficial College Transcripts (optional) - If you have not graduated, please attach your transcripts to receive education credit for classes you have taken. Credit is given for classes relevant to the job posting.
Out of Area/State Candidates will not be offered travel reimbursement.
NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. In order to prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59pm the day prior to the position close date.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CSN-External/job/CSN---Charleston-Campus/Electrician-II---Facilities_R0123327
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a person’s age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Date Posted : 09/20/2021
Share On :