As one of America's finest universities, UCLA has a tradition of advancing higher education and the common good through excellence in scholarship, research and public service. UCLA is California's largest university and a model for public institutions of higher education. Academic excellence, faculty distinction and a comprehensive curriculum are hallmarks of the UCLA experience. The university is an educational and architectural landmark in Los Angeles, attracting thousands of visitors and scholars each year.
Electrician (Limited) - Fire Alarm/Security Systems, Electrical Shop – Requisition 24268
UCLA Facilities Management, Los Angeles, CA
Facilities Management is seeking a skilled Electrician to perform all projects related to fire alarm and security alarm equipment systems. The incumbent will install, operate, and maintain advanced microprocessor based fire alarm systems, specifically, Notifier, Simplex/Grinnell and Siemens fire alarm equipment; design, integrate, install and maintain alarms, CCTV, card access systems, digital surveillance cameras and digital recorders; perform mandatory maintenance and testing of equipment and maintain documentation.
• Possession of California General Electrician Certificate, and/or California Fire/Life Tech certification. Satisfactory completion of a certified 4-year apprenticeship or equivalent.
• Working knowledge of a variety of complicated electrical/electro-mechanical systems and equipment and solid state controlled electrical devices.
• Working knowledge of various types of fire alarm and security alarm systems, in order to design, integrate, install and maintain systems and equipment.
• Skill in working with both digital and analog electrical devices/systems (i.e. microprocessors, programmable controllers, logic control devices).
• Possess California Driver’s License, Class C and ability to drive a University vehicle in the course of duties.
Full information concerning the job qualifications are listed on the official UCLA job posting.
To view the full description and to apply, please visit the UCLA Career Opportunities website at https://hr.mycareer.ucla.edu/ and search for Requisition 24268. Alternatively, you may click or copy/paste the following links into your browsers address bar:
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy - http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct
Electronics, Energy - Utilities - Gas - Electric, Maintenance