Title: Service Apprentice Electrician
Location: US-TX-Fort Worth
Please note that we are not accepting agency phone calls or referrals regarding vacancies with this position.
At Cummings Electrical, our Service business offers dedicated managers and industry experts to assist with our clients' electrical needs. We strive to be leaders in the electrical field by revolutionizing the way we do business through collaboration, education, and innovative technology with the intent to find a better way. We provide long-term solutions that add value to their business and facilities.
Whether you have no electrical experience and are interested in pursuing a career in the electrical trade or you are currently an apprentice electrician looking for a company to support your becoming a fully licensed journeyman electrician, Cummings Electrical is hiring!
Apprentice Electricians assist with and perform installation, alterations, and maintenance tasks in order to ensure the effective operation of various electrical equipment and work under the direct supervision of Electricians as trainees performing less-skilled tasks for a number of years before moving into an electrician role.
In order to facilitate the installation, repair and maintenance of electrical equipment, an Apprentice Electrician performs many different tasks. Responsibilities increase with experience through various types of commercial/industrial projects.
The job will consist of installation, alterations, additions and/or repairs of electrical systems, conductors and associated materials and equipment within the commercial and industrial electrical industry.
Excellent benefits package includes:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Supplemental Insurance: Accident & Critical Illness
- 401K & ROTH 401K
- Paid Time Off (after one year of service)
- Company Paid Holidays
- Bonus Plan
GENERAL ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES: The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. Additional responsibilities may also be assigned.
- Assist electricians by performing tasks under the direct supervision of an electrician actually installing the work and handling the bulk of materials.
- Maintain all materials, tools, and equipment in an orderly fashion and the work area clean at all times.
- Demonstrate safe work habits and proper care of tools and equipment.
- Understand language, terms and skills in use of tools on the job.
- Produce quantity of work equal to the job requirements and company standards
- Produce quality work that meets or exceeds National Electrical Code requirements
- Think ahead as to show how to spend valuable time for maximum production
- Maintain equipment and tools in proper working order
- Maintain positive attitude toward completing job and complying with all company policies
- Assist in wire pulls
- Mounting and strapping
- Attend required training classes
- Job requires working in all elements, depending on job location, time of year, heat, cold, rain, and snow. Indoor facilities experience extreme climate fluctuations - excessively hot to excessively cold.
- Must be able to utilize construction site sanitary facilities (Porta-Potty's).
- Job requires employee to have required personal tools with them at all time (waist tool belt as worn weighs approximately 30 lbs.).
- Work from all type ladders (step ladders up to 14', "A" frame ladders, and all size extension ladders and carry and relocate up to 12' step ladders by one's self.
- Employee's personal weight and personal tools cannot exceed weight limit of ladder (Class 1 - 250 lbs., Class 1A - 300 lbs.)
- Perform work at various heights, up to 90' from ladders, scaffolds, aerial lifts, cat walks or other safe work areas.
- Work in restricted areas (switchgear room, manholes, utility tunnels, crawl spaces, and attics).
- Wear personal protective equipment (hard hat and safety glasses at all times) and respirator when required.
- Able to work 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week, overtime as required, and night shifts.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, crawl, climb, kneel, balance, push, pull, and reach overhead.
- Lift 51 pounds, 20 times per day.
- Repetitive use of arms, hands, and fingers
- Constantly moving on your feet.
- Climb ladders (all types).
- Completing overhead work for full day assignments.
- Must be able to make transition from employee parking area or street into construction work areas and to gain access to all levels of the building, even if the only means of access is by O.S.H.A. approved site construction ladder or stairs still under construction, but acceptable for use.
- Possess good vision (normal or corrected).
- Possess good hearing (normal or corrected).
- Ability to read and comprehend written instructions including jobsite directions, maps, and instructional manuals.
- Ability to follow verbal instructions.
- High school diploma or GED
- All Hand-tools
- Dependable vehicle for transportation to and from work
- Valid Drivers License with a Clean Driving Record
- Must be licensed to work in TX
- No experience required.
Employment at Cummings is subject to background check and drug screen; must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Compensation commensurate with experience and demonstrated skill level.
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :